Sunday, 15 September 2013

Solitude is bliss

Today was my last full day in Paris! We spent the day at La Paris Plage which is an artificial beach made in the summer by the River Seinne. It was fun but the heat made it almost unbearable, as it was absolutely boiling and we didn't have any water to cool off in. So after a few hours we left the beach and returned home from my last trip in Paris.


The trip really was amazing. In sixteen days I had been to an uncountable number of excellent art exhibitions, a huge number of vintage shops, so many beautiful cobbled streets and markets and wonderful restaurants. My french has improved too, although I am still quite unconfident speaking it. Most importantly, I have come to realise that the name of one of my favourite Tame Impala songs; 'solitude is bliss' is entirely true. Walking the streets of Paris alone or sitting in coffee shops with the only company of my book gave me so much pleasure. There is something so serene; so peaceful and simple in being alone. I felt like a little girl again as I walked across the river with a huge grin on my face, just loving the fact that I was in Paris.

I was very sad to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment to tell me what you think.