Sunday, 15 September 2013

Le Musee D'Orsay

Today we saw the magnificent impressionist exhibition at Le Musee D'Orsay. It held many pieces by Claude Monet, who has always been my ultimate favourite artist. Last year, I based one of my art projects around his work; spending months reading big heavy books in his work, studying online photos and then going to ponds or lakes and trying to mirror the way he captured the dancing light across water. But nothing can compare to seeing his work in the flesh. In fact, I saw one of his paintings that I had annotated last year using an online version, and the colours in the real painting were completely different to anything I saw online. You can spend a huge amount of time looking at his work; carefully absorbing the numerous rough strokes that create ripples in the water and show the soft light fragmented gently across it. 


After the museum, we walked through the streets and stumbled across this beautiful flower shop. I was so struck by the beautiful vivid colours of the roses, so of course I had to take a few photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment to tell me what you think.