Sunday, 15 September 2013

Claus

After establishing that my french exchange does not wake up until 12 and want to leave the house until 4, I decided that I must set off to the streets of Paris alone. For those of you who have read my blog before, you will know that I am a huge fan of breakfast. Therefore, I decided to spend my evening looking up where to go for the best breakfast in Paris, and after analysing numerous cafes and restaurants, I decided on Claus. Claus is located on Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau on a pretty and quiet street not far from the Louvre. After walking a few minutes from the station, past monochrome passageways filled with sweet smelling leather bags and vintage books, I arrived at Claus. 
I sat in a little corner with my book, in a state of perfect content as I alternated from reading and watching the people stroll along the street. Perhaps with a little naivety, I ordered a grand breakfast; believing that as I am such a lover of good breakfast, I would be able to eat all.



It began with a wonderful bread basket of fresh baguette, soft seeded rolls and sweet, soothing cinnamon buns. They were accompanied by a strawberry and mint and a fig and lemon jam which were both absolutely delicious. Along with this was a scrambled egg, a rich cappuccino and an ever so fresh freshly squeezed orange juice.


As I half accomplished the start of my meal, I was then brought the second half: an apple and cinnamon friend, a little pot of greek yoghurt and granola and a sweet tart with berries and almonds. I didn't manage to finish it all, and I left Claus with a paper bag full of warm pastries and bread which lasted me until the evening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment to tell me what you think.